There are certainly plenty of good reasons to purchase Japanese or American vehicles, but we at Hans Wittler’s Automotive are particularly fond of German cars and German engineering. Here are just a few reasons why you should consider purchasing a German vehicle:
- You can still support American manufacturing: There are some people who feel guilty purchasing foreign vehicles because they feel like they’re not doing enough to support American companies. But with today’s highly globalized economy, many “American” vehicles may actually be made overseas (or have parts made overseas), and many foreign vehicles may be made in America—it really depends on the type of vehicle you select. There are plenty of BMWs, Mercedes, Audis and Volkswagens manufactured at plants right here in the United States—German automakers often outsource their manufacturing, so you can still support American workers while also benefiting from German engineering.
- Outstanding luxury vehicles: Sure, the standard passenger cars made by German automakers are great, but it’s the luxury vehicles made by those automakers that really get people talking. Even after the global economic downturn, German luxury car makers were still doing great business, because they have earned their reputation for being the best luxury vehicle options you’ll find in the world. Their classy designs, luxury amenities and comfortable rides will never go out of style and will always be the gold standard for luxury automakers.
- They give a great drive: If you’ve never driven a German vehicle before, you might be stunned the first time you get behind the wheel, because it truly is a different driving experience. Again, the term “German engineering” comes into play here, because their vehicles often feature a near-perfect combination of reliability, performance and comfort, not to mention the safety and luxury of the vehicles. You’ll be able to enjoy your daily commute or your long road trips in the most comfortable ride you’ve ever had.
- Many different options: German vehicles once had a reputation for being for “elite” car owners who like flashy and trendy models. But that’s definitely not true these days—there’s something for everyone. Just look at the wide variety of models you see BMW and Volkswagen cranking out.
For more reasons why you should consider purchasing a German vehicle, we encourage you to contact a German auto mechanic in Albuquerque, NM at Hans Wittler’s Automotive. We will be happy to provide you with additional information about our favorite cars, and once you’ve made a purchase, we’d love to be your trusted mechanic!
This spring, you’ll be able to enjoy even more options from your German auto mechanic in Albuquerque, NM. Hans Wittler’s Automotive is opening a new location with the same great service! We’ll be able to provide a full range of services to even more customers. Our new location is at 5701 Wilshire Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM 87123.
Bringing extensive knowledge of German automobiles straight from Germany, Hans Wittler established Hans Wittler Automotive in 1975. His goal was to create a place that offered quality experiences that he was not able to find at dealerships. He succeeded.
For 24 years, Hans and his wife, Christel, worked to make their business a success. In 1999, their sons, Roger and Andreas, took the helm and have continued to provide the top-quality customer service their father envisioned for the company. They have built on this foundation and evolved their products and services to maintain high-tech modern vehicles with the latest technology. Services include:
- German import repairs: Our technicians are trained in a full range of repairs and maintenance for your German vehicle. We cover oil changes, brakes, belts, hoses, transmission flushes, cooling systems, exhaust, clutch, engines, performance tune-ups and more. Whether you need a regular checkup or extensive repairs, our team is equipped with the knowledge and tools to get the job done right the first time.
- Diagnostics: You wouldn’t go to a dermatologist to diagnose your cardiac issue. The same principle applies to automobiles. When you own a high-performance German vehicle, you can’t go to just any mechanic. You need one that offers the right diagnostic tools and knowledge. At Hans Wittler’s Automotive, we have the proper equipment to accurately diagnose issues for all major makes and models of German automobiles. We offer Autologic and other proprietary scan tools made specifically for German vehicles.
- Tires and alignments: The right tires and proper alignment are essential for the optimal functioning and care of your German vehicle. As your trusted German auto mechanic in Albuquerque, NM, Hans Wittler’s Automotive offers fast and efficient tire alignment and wheel balancing services. We offer the right equipment to handle your German car with care. We stock all the top tires to get the best performance from your German vehicle, including BF Goodrich, Continental, Dunlop, Michelin, Pirelli, Uniroyal and more.
- Discounts: Who doesn’t enjoy a good discount? Check out our current coupon offerings. We also provide great financing options if needed. We are committed to making German auto repairs as convenient and affordable as possible for each and every customer.
Enjoy Greater Convenience
Look for these great services at our new location this spring! We look forward to expanding our service area to provide even more customers with top-quality German auto care. Feel free to contact our staff to discuss options for service. Whether you are needing a tune-up, an oil change or a new set of tires, your German auto mechanic in Albuquerque, NM is available to help you today! Reach out to our experienced team with any questions or to make arrangements for your next service at our current location.
Optimal vehicle performance requires optimal maintenance. How can you ensure your Audi delivers the type of performance you desire? You must provide the right care for your automobile. A few tips from your German auto specialists in Albuquerque, NM can help.
Use these tips to keep your Audi running smoothly and looking sharp. You might be surprised at what a difference a few simple maintenance steps can make in the look and performance of your vehicle.
Give your Audi a quick once-over before you use it. Yes, this takes a bit of time, but the inspection is well worth the effort to prevent damage to the vehicle and keep it running well. Check the wiper blades and clear away all debris to prevent an obstructed view and scratches on the windshield. Walk around the vehicle and inspect the tires. Look for indications of low pressure or tread wear. Lastly, look for anything else out of the ordinary that should be taken care of right away or in the near future.
In addition to the exterior visual inspections of your Audi, make it a habit to perform internal checks, too. Regularly check your oil level, transmission fluid, wiper fluid and tire pressure. These checks will allow you to stay on top of regular maintenance and avoid more extensive repairs to your Audi.
Regular baths will help keep your Audi looking sharp. When you provide this level of attention, your Audi is more likely to receive better care overall. When you wash your Audi, be sure to use the right compounds. Check manufacturer recommendations to avoid ruining the finish. Don’t forget the interior, too.
Check your Audi manual to determine what regular service is recommended. Follow the ideal maintenance schedule to keep your car at top performance level. This includes brake service, oil changes, transmission service and more. Stay on top of this schedule so your car does not suffer due to lack of maintenance. Track each service as it is performed so you have an accurate record of the maintenance of your vehicle and know what should be done in the future.
Not all mechanics are created equal, and not all mechanics know German cars. As a German automobile, your Audi should only be entrusted to a German auto specialist in Albuquerque, NM. This mechanic will be able to offer the specialized tools and knowledge required to properly service your vehicle. As you schedule your regular maintenance and repairs for your Audi, partner with a German auto specialist.
Partner with the Pros
When you need a German auto specialist in Albuquerque, NM to provide the best care for your car, look to the experts at Hans Wittler’s Automotive. Since 1975, we have been Albuquerque’s leading German auto specialists. With our full-service shop, we take care of your car from bumper to bumper. Some of the major brands we specialize in include Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche and Volkswagen. Whether you are needing a tune-up, an oil change or a new set of tires, our technicians are available to help you today!
As part of your ongoing vehicle maintenance, you should make sure you prioritize checks of your vehicle alignment. Alignment issues could very quickly lead to you damaging your German vehicle tires in Albuquerque, NM.
Improper alignment can affect the health of your tires and your suspension system, so if you start to notice symptoms of alignment issues, it’s important you make a trip to a mechanic as soon as possible to get the issue resolved. With this in mind, here’s a quick overview of some of the most common signs and symptoms of suspension problems in vehicles:
- Car pulling from side to side: It’s not unusual for a vehicle to gently pull either to the left or the right, as most roadways are not completely flat. However, if you start to notice that it’s taking significantly more effort for you to keep your vehicle centered than you’re used to, or that you’re having a hard time getting the proper handle on your ride, then this could be an indication that you’re dealing with a wheel alignment issue. Head to a mechanic as soon as you can to get your vehicle checked out and to make any necessary corrections.
- Vibrations in the steering wheel: Another common sign that you’re dealing with an alignment issue is if you start to experience a weird vibrating sensation while gripping the steering wheel, especially if you’re traveling at higher speeds. If you fail to resolve this issue in a timely manner, this could result in some significant damage to your tires, potentially even experiencing flats or blowouts. There’s also a chance you’re dealing with a suspension-related problem, but even the suspension issue could be caused in part by poor wheel alignment.
- Uneven tire wear: As we’ve alluded to a couple times already, poor wheel alignment is one of the biggest factors in tires wearing down unevenly or needing to be replaced before they’d otherwise have worn down their treads properly. This is because uneven alignment will result in some tires driving and wearing differently than others, or could result in some tires having more pressure on them than others. Tires that wear unevenly become dangerous to drive on, because you can’t necessarily count on all of them to perform in the same way. This especially makes them unsafe if you’re turning.
- Steering wheel emblem off center: A fourth issue that could be a sign of wheel alignment problems is if you see a difference in the steering wheel placement. Specifically, if you notice the emblem on the steering wheel isn’t centered even if your vehicle’s wheels are pointing straight ahead, this is likely a sign that you are having some alignment difficulties and need to get your vehicle checked out by a mechanic.
These are just a few of the signs that indicate you need to head in for a German vehicle alignment in Albuquerque, NM. For more information about the services we offer and how you can spot alignment issues, contact the team at Hans Wittler’s Automotive today.